Follow these instructions when shipping your unit to Mendtronix.
1. Clearly mark your case number on the box.
2. Remove any mounting brackets. Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for any loss or damage to mounting brackets.
3. Move adjustable feet to the closed position.
4. Remove non-standard lens (do NOT ship a non-standard lens). Retract zoom lens.
5. Include the standard lens and the lamp, but please DO NOT send in cables or remote controls. Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for any lost cables, remotes or soft cases.
6. Ensure the packaging material and carton selected is sufficient. Most parcels experience a fair amount of wear. Select a container large enough to accommodate your shipment and the necessary cushioning/packaging material. Choose cushioning that will completely fill the spaces in your shipping box. We recommend using solid foam, bubble wrap or Styrofoam packaging peanuts (2 to 3 inches of packing material around units that weigh under 10 lbs, 4 to 5 inches around larger/heavier units). Solid foam provides the greatest degree of protection for larger valuables. All of the major shipping companies are automated;both machines and people will handle the carton.
7. If you ship your projector to us in a hard case, we will ship it back to you in the case. Do not ship a projector in a case that is unsuitable for protecting your projector during transportation.
8. Please be advised that your projector, once repaired, will be shipped back in a brand new plain brown box or in a custom hard case if provided. We do this for the safety of your property. Re-using cardboard boxes is an issue as the integrity of the package is compromised after it has been shipped twice.
9. You have the option to insure your projector. Please make inquiries with your carrier for rates. You will also have the option to insure your projector on its way back to you (out of warranty service only). The insurance rates will be provided in the repair estimate sent to you once the unit has been evaluated.
10. Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for mounting brackets, accessories or soft cases sent in with a projector. Per our shipping instructions, those items should NOT be sent in.
11. Freight claim responsibility and insurance liability responsibility both belong to the customer
12. Warranty Service Only: In some instances, we may be required by the Manufacturer to provide a proof of purchase to validate your warranty. If you are asked to do so, please do not forget to include your proof of purchase in the shipping box, if you have not already faxed it to us at 858-602-1042. All faxed correspondence need to have your case number marked as a reference. Projectors received without proof of purchase will be treated as an out of warranty repair and subject to a standard evaluation fee. Please be advised that the customer is responsible for all inbound shipping. Most manufacturers, except 3M and Toshiba, will cover the cost of the return Freight (FedEx Ground).
Your package and projector will be inspected upon receipt. Any damage will be documented and you will be notified. The packaging and carton will be retained for 3 business days. Should you decide to submit a damage claim to the carrier, Mendtronix, Inc. must be notified within those 3 days or the packaging and carton will be discarded.
Mendtronix, Inc. is not responsible for damage that occurs during transportation.
JVC Shipping Considerations
Please package your unit carefully and only include accessories that pertain to the service complaint. See image below for more information:
1. Submit Request
The easiest way to set up a new repair case is to fill out our online request form. Once you submit the form, a confirmation email will be sent that includes your case number, contact, and shipping instructions.
2. Ship Your Device
Once you’ve set up your case, you will need to send in your device. Please see the map below with reference to our Atlanta service depot, where you will ship your unit.
During the evaluation, a technician will perform in-depth testing to determine what work needs to be done and/or what parts need to be ordered, if any, to bring your device back to factory specifications.
4. Estimate Sent
You will receive an estimate after the evaluation. If you decide to approve the repair, then your evaluation is free. Approval of any quotes within 5 business days, will increase the warranty period from 90 to 120 days.
5. Repair Completion
Once we receive your approval, our expert team of technicians will get to work on repairing your unit. Parts will be ordered according to the estimate approval. Each device undergoes a 31-point inspection upon completion so your product can live out a longer, healthier life.
6. Return Shipment
Upon repair completion, we will carefully pack up your device and ship it back to you. We are able to provide return ground shipping to most cities in the U.S., within 1-3 days.
The diagnostic services fee is FREE once the estimate is approved. It applies only if the repair estimate is declined. See our terms/conditions for diagnostic rates.